Wednesday, May 17, 2017

This blog contains articles both in English and in French

On the Franco/Australian submarines affair, simply use the keyword "submarines". You will find three major blog posts on this affair.

• The first article, at http://skyvington.blogspot.fr/2007/12/australias-submarines.html, made it clear that I was disappointed by the almost childish way in which an alleged Australian "think tank” known as the Kokoda Foundation was starting to look around for submarines to replace a worn-out fleet of six faulty Australian-made Collins-class vessels. My language was rude. In spite of the fact that I knew nothing whatsoever about military defence, let alone submarines, it was clear to me that the approach adopted by the chief of the Kokoda Foundation was naive.

• The second article, at http://skyvington.blogspot.fr/2008/01/expensive-aesthetic-and-nasty.html, was still quite ironical, but I was obliged to become a little more polite, since Kokoda's chief had kindly sent me, spontaneously, a copy of their 64-page booklet… which still failed nevertheless to impress me.

• For me in my French village, this submarine affair might have ended there. However I heard that my native land had in fact done as I had suggested. Not only had they looked into the subject of French-made submarines (and helicopters, for that matter); they had even decided to order a dozen vessels… for the gigantic sum of AUD 50 billion!

• My third article, at http://skyvington.blogspot.fr/2016/04/did-australia-take-notice-of-my-advice.html, was written on 22 April 2016. The deal itself was announced four days later, on 26 April 2016. You can see that, on that same day, an unknown informer who called himself “Bruce” sent a comment to my blog to inform me that I was indeed responsible for the affair. I have never been able to identify this anonymous individual, but the timing and the tone of his words clearly indicate that he knew what he was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment