Monday, January 26, 2015

Australia Day thoughts


I’m so stunned and embarrassed by the comical stupidity of that Abbott fellow that I don’t feel like saying anything much at all today. So, out of respect for a land I once loved, I shall remain silent.

PS A sad thought crossed my mind: Things could get worse, alas, if Charles were to become king. And another sad thought: How many of those Australians who joke about Abbott today were actually responsible for voting him in, often with the sole misogynistic aim of getting rid of Julia Gillard? Aussies are a fickle people.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bill! Just watched the Allan Turing movie 'The Imitation Game' with my partner and we started going through some of her old AI books and discussing how much things change, how much things stay the same. Your name came up and with one click I got here, thought I'd say a quick fleeting hello! Enjoyed scanning through the posts, glad to see that despite the distance you still have the finger on the pulse of politics down here in Oz. I can only sympathize now with the Americans I used to work with in Boston during the Bush years, as we have our own example of convergent evolution (or is it devolution?) now in Australia, and am now similarly embarrassed by our own Australian 'leader'. Hope all is well in picturesque France! Patrick (Humbert, son of François)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Patrick: Thanks for your comment. Please let your parents know that I think of them often, and that I regret the silly words that led to the rupture of our communications. Let's get around to e-mail contacts: sky.william at orange in France.

    ReplyDelete